Calypso Editions wants to read your manuscripts! We’re a nonprofit literary press with a special interest in literature in translation and literature with an international perspective. Our upcoming reading period, from April 1 – June 20 2022, is open to submissions of prose manuscripts of 10,000-40,000 words. Send us your novellas, your flash fiction, your prose poetry, your creative nonfiction! Works in translation are welcome; translators must have permissions from the author of the original work in hand.
Detailed submission instructions and a link to submit are available below. Calypso Editions requests a reading fee of $5 per manuscript; if you’re unable to pay the reading fee, please email email@example.com. For a reading fee of $10, writers will receive a book from Calypso Edition’s catalog–and your reading fee may be tax deductible!
We look forward to reading your work!
Calypso Editions seeks submissions of prose manuscripts 10,000-40,000 words in length. Works originally in English as well as works in translation are encouraged! Translators must have manuscript permissions in hand. Please familiarize yourself with Calypso’s previous works to see if your prose might be a good fit. Calypso encourages novellas and novelettes, flash fiction, prose poetry, and creative nonfiction.
- We are open to writers and translators at every stage of their career.
- We welcome submissions from poets outside the United States.
- Make certain your submission is your best draft. Corrections and revisions will not be accepted during the reading period.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted. If your manuscript is accepted for publication elsewhere, please withdraw it via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit no more than one manuscript per reading period.
- Manuscripts are reviewed separately from author name & identifying information; please make sure your manuscript does not have writer & translator identification in the document.
- Submissions are invited through the Google form linked below. Please respond to all required questions. If you need accommodations to make the submission process accessible to you, please contact email@example.com with your request. Please write “Accessibility request” in the subject line.
- Calypso Editions requests a $5 reading fee, which will be paid through the website. For a donation of $10, writers can request a copy of a book from Calypso Edition’s catalog. If you’re unable to pay the reading fee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calypso Editions will review manuscripts and respond by December 2022. Any questions, send us an email! We look forward to reading your work. SUBMIT HERE